I finally had some time tonight to sit down and sew.
Between potty training with the toddler and a virus with the baby, this mama has been waaaay too exhausted to sew.
I finished cutting out my Mod Olives pieces:
Cutting out these bad boys wasn't hard at all.
I guess I should have made some sort of practice piece with my Quick Curves ruler before I jumped right in sewing the Mod Olives pattern.
This being my first time using the ruler, I don't know if this pattern is totally geared for a beginner.
But I ripped a few stitches and used ALOT of steam from my iron and got my first six blocks done:
And this means I'm ahead of the 4 block a week schedule- Sweet!!
It wasn't until after I was pressing my finished blocks that I started to see these little puckers in my solid fabric.
I have to figure out how to get rid of those...
or I'm REALLY hoping that some free motion quilting will forgive those little puckers.
Another little project that is ongoing is my husband's civil war quilt:
I've been working on this quilt since earlier this summer. I get really bored with these little 4 inch squares, so I do a little at a time.
The top five rows are all sewn together, The bottom five are a work in progress.
Once these blocks are all together, then I can start adding pieced borders.
I do feel like I was making economy block before they were cool. ;)
These little blocks have been rearranged more than once on the design wall.
She just wants to help with daddy's quilt.
This kid loves her fabric.
Can't imagine where she gets that from!
Have a great night everyone!