Monday, January 27, 2014

DC finish

I finally put together my January 'Globetrotting' block.
Has anyone else jumped on this bandwagon?
You can see everyone else's fab Washington DC blocks on Pat Sloan's Facebook page.
I did have to rip more than one seam to get those fussy cut flowers going the right way... probably why it took me 2 weekends to get it together.
And trimming HSTs are SUPER boring... :)
 
I have unofficially dubbed this year as the year of STASH.
Every quilt top that I make this year needs to have fabric pulled from my stash.
Like I said, totally unofficial.
(Completely subject to change!)
 
So, in light of using my stash, I decided to join the Mod Olives Quilt Along from Jenny at Sew Kind of Wonderful.
I picked the following for my solids and background:

This QAL starts up this weekend.
I bought the quick curves ruler this summer, and haven't even taken it out of the package-
It's about time I learned how to use it!
She has made some amazing stuff with her ruler.
 
I also got this little baby back from her tune up:
 
My mother very graciously gifted me my grandmother's 99K Singer sewing machine.
She bought this after her first baby was born in 1955.
 It followed her from Michigan to Alaska in the early 1960's and came back wither her 11 years later.
It sewed evening gowns for her, Barbie clothes for my mom, patches on my uncle's jeans,
 and buttons on my pajamas,
 -to name a few things-
 
It still runs like a charm, and I am so completely honored to make it part of my sewing history.
 
She needs a good polish on the outside, but her insides are well oiled and ready to go!
 
And because I haven't put a picture of the kids up in awhile:
 
My sweet little girl is starting to enjoy the prettier things in life:
Like bright pink boots!!
 
And if they fall off, big brother is there to give her a hand!
Have a great evening everyone!!
 


1 comment:

  1. hello everyone. I want to recommend (WORLDCYBERHACK) on instagram or WhatsApp : +12678773020 for helping me getting access to my girlfriends mobile phone. He was reliable and trustworthy. you can contact him if you need help. He will surely help you. I am grateful I met him

    ReplyDelete