Friday, February 22, 2013

First Quilt Finish of 2013!

I finally have a finish for 2013!
This is my Valentine quilt that I started back in 2009.
The quilt top has been sitting in my basket these last three four years, just waiting to be quilted.
This pattern for this quilt is called "Celebrations."
I bought it at one of my favorite quilt shops in the area, The Quilters Garden. I believe that it is designed by someone 'in-house' at the quilt shop.
AND... I did actually finish this quilt before Valentine's Day!!
 
Speaking of Valentine's Day- I did manage to get my sweet #2 all fancied up for the holiday. I stitched a few rosettes together, added buttons, and glued them to an elastic headband.
Then I dug through my stash and came up with this darling tiered skirt.
I used this tutorial  by Makerland.
(There is a little math involved if you are using the US measurement system)
She's going to be 3 months old tomorrow, can you believe it?
 
Anyway, the lovely folks at Riley Blake posted their BOM video this week, and I was able to assemble my paper pieced block for February:
I am loving the monochromatic look on this heart.
It did take a little thought when planning out my paper piecing.
It was a good opportunity to whip out the colored pencils:
A couple firsts with this block:
1. I used the fusible interface method of applique.
2. I hand stitched my applique to the foundation block.
Super easy!

So now my January and February blocks hang out next to each other on my design wall.
I totally love this mystery block of the month idea.
So excited to see what block will show up next.

And I'm totally loving the machine paper piecing right now.
I might be loving it so much that I might take the Farmer's Wife plunge.
But more on that later.

I hope you all have a wonderful night.

I'm linking up with the lovely Pat Sloan for Show and tell.
And with Vickey with Gingersnap quilts, who is hosting TGIFF this week.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Your Valentine quilt is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fun stuff!! I missed this - was overly busy that weekend and didn't get to browing TGIFF since I didn't have a finish to include. Gonna have to put you on my blogroll. ;D Your daughter is gorgeous. Babies are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhh! SO cute!! You've inspired me to join the Riley Blake Mystery BOM! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete