Friday, July 20, 2012

Helllloooo Weekend!

So happy that I have finally made it to Friday.
One of my local quilt shops is going out of buisiness. It's sad to see a local shop not work out. That being said, the few times I have been in there, I can see why they may not have worked out.
 Anyway, they started their store liquidation sale yesterday. I decided to check it out on my lunch hour, and arrived to find a line out the door and down the sidewalk in the rain. So instead of spending my lunch hour there, I gave my parking spot to someone else and decided to go back another time.
I stopped in on my way home tonight, and picked up a few yards of Moda Bella Solids in Light Blue and Betty's Red:
I have not bought much of any fabric this summer. I tried to organize my stash and scraps this spring, and decided that I needed to make quilts from what I had before I bought more. I can rationalize the solids - those are a necessity for my scrap quilting!
The weather was beautiful this evening - so I didn't jump into any crazy design/play time in my sewing area. I did play a little while running a load of laundry:

I picked this pack of 5 1/2" squares in Cinncinnati this spring. I'm not sure of the fabric line, the stack came in an unmarked cellophane package. Anyone recognize this line? I'm seeing something with equilateral triangles. I've been waiting to use my template for a while!
I also pulled out my little collection of Bonnie and Camille precuts. I don't know if I can cut into these quite yet. I still prefer to let them sit as "decoration" on my cutting table, allowing my to pet them from time to time :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

-Miss Melly



No comments:

Post a Comment