Thursday, July 19, 2012

A break from the tropics

The heat wave finally broke over Michigan today. The rain fell all morning, and the temperature never got above 75 degrees. My kind of fabulous! The weather was so nice, I even baked this evening. I can't rememeber the last time I turned the oven on to make treats! My Husband is so excited!


So my younger sister is co-captain for her employers Relay For Life team. They are hosting a raffle and I have been asked to donate one of my quilts! I am so honored to donate for this cause. My grandmother died of kidney cancer and Relay has always been near and dear to my heart.
I have quite a little collection of quilts in my stash, and I decided on my "Tropical Furrows:"
This quilt was a mystery quilt that my mom and I participated in. My mom actually went to the quilt store and did the mystery over the weekend, and then snail-mailed me the clues over the next few weeks. So much fun!


As with most all of my quilts, it's made of scrap and whatever is hanging out in my stash. This quilt has bits of Kaffe, Amy Butler and JoAnn's fabrics. It is a busy quilt, but considering that it was a mystery quilt, it came together quite well.
If any of you readers are at the Midland City Relay for Life the weekend of July 28th, look out for this quilt, and buy a raffle ticket for a good great cause!

-Miss Melly-

No comments:

Post a Comment