Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday: Caught in a Bind

Well, I was not as productive over the weekend as I had hoped.
 
Much of my Saturday was spent visiting this sweet little girl:
My sister and brother-in-law welcomed little Willow Grace into the world on January 26th.
It's so exciting to think my little girl and her cousin are only 9 weeks apart.
Hoping that they will be as close as their mommy's are!
 
My Sunday was spent with sick kiddos... again. We can't seem to catch a break.
First the stomach flu, now the cough.
Looking forward to the end of the sick season!
 
Anyway....
Let's talk sewing!
My WIP this week is my Valentines quilt.
It's all quilted and I just need to get the binding hand stitched to the back.
If I can get my act together, maybe I could possibly have a Friday Finish!
 
I was getting quite envious of every one's Block of the Month projects- and then I came across this Mystery BOM that is being offered by Riley Blake's blog.
The month of January featured a 12" chevron block:
The blog features a video tutorial for block construction... So take notes ;)
My plan was to construct the block out of things I had in my stash.... but, (as usual) the glitter cotton solids caught my eye... and I had to buy a yard of each. I think they work quite well in creating the ombre effect in this block.
 
My Scrappy Stash QAL still waits patiently for me to finish quilting her...
 
I did play around with a few things for the babies in my life:
I made up this sweet pair of shoes for my #2 for Friday's 'Go Red for Women' and Valentine's day.
(I did use my stash for this)
 
And I made up a pair of headbands for the new baby.
These were seriously fun... and quite addictive.
My sweet #2 was the obliging model :)

 
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
I'm linking up with Lee for WIP Wednesday 
 


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment