Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blogtoberfest #7: Crafty on a Sunday

This little lady is such a cutey!!
I had so much fun crafting her up!
She was originally a paper grocery bag. I stuffed it with newspaper and painted it orange. For the face leaves and stems, I used some felted wool from a previous project using upcycled wool sweaters. I added quite a bit of orange purple and green glitter. The curly-queues are made from the bag handles with a little craft wire fished through them. And then, to finish her off, I added a bow that I made from a cut strip of burlap. I 'roughed' it up by dry brushing it with a little brown paint and more glitter. So easy!!
I also used up a can of black spray paint on some items found in the home dec area of GoodWill. I can't wait to show those to you!
I was also able to start sewing for the craft shows coming up at the end of the month. I'm hoping to pad the Christmas fund with the money I might make from it, so I wanted to use as much from my stash as I could.
One of the craft shows is sharing a venue with a mom-to-mom sale on the same day... I have a ton of flannel, and a ton of cotton scrap.... So I decided to make burp cloths:
They measure 16 1/2" by 8 1/2". Quilting cotton on the front, flannel on the back. I only finished 2, but have a few more started. I enjoy the improv peicing for the face of it - but it takes a while to get my brain in the improv way of thinking.
Any suggestions on a block that might read well on the face of these?
I also made good head way on cutting strips for the Scrappy Stash QAL hosted by Ellison Lane Quilts. It all starts October 9th!
 
 

Ellison Lane Quilts
Have a wonderful evening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment