Wednesday, July 4, 2012

When you get the notion...

First off, I would like to say Happy 4th! I'm celebrating my freedom today by hanging out in my cool basement sewing room. Baby is napping and husband is playing in the yard.
I have this fabric that I bought a few years ago on clearance. It was from the M'liss Rae Hawley line from Joann's - see black and white prints (I used to buy almost all of my quilting fabric at Joann's). I've wanted to use it for a while, but hadn't had the inspiration for it. Then last night, the design just popped into my head. I got out the graph paper and crayons (must purchase some colored pencils!), and sketched it out. I even got fancy and figured out the yardage... totally beyond my normal sketching!
I'm determined to use up my stash on this design, so I had this teal blue Joann's print that my mother - in - law gave me a while back. The pink is an old Valentine's print by Free Spirit from Westminster.
The pink ans teal were originally solids in my head, but I think the prints will bring more of a balance with the other busy fabrics.
Hope you all enjoy the holiday!

-Miss Melly-


No comments:

Post a Comment