Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Fun.

Okay, well maybe I exaggerated ever so slightly when I named this post. This has not been the funnest Friday- BUT- I have come to read blogs and be inspired and find a smile, so, I am delighted to be here with you all.
First picture tonight:
This was taken from the dashboard of my car at about 4:30 pm, somewhere in the middle of rush hour... I was at a stop light... it's okay! So, in Michigan, this is HIGHLY abnormal. The sunshine was great. It made me wish I could fast forward to June.
So today was a slow day at my little desk job. I've only been there a month and a half, and have a hard time finding things to do quite yet. I noticed my boss does her work while listening to her Ipod... so what did I do? I brought in my Ipod today and pretended to look busy while I caught up on my American Patchwork and Quilting Radio podcasts with Pat Sloan. I really could listen to her all day. Actually, I probably could, because I've got pod casts from early November until now. My only problem is, while I'm at work, I worry about looking at too much stuff online (in case of being audited on my web usage)... and when I listen to her talk to all these wonderful quilt bloggers and -in my mind- quilting celebrities, I just want to jump online and find these blogs. I actually took notes today while I was listening to a podcast! One way to look busy in my little cubicle, right? I happened to be listening to the podcast from 10-17-11, and completely fell in love with LeeAnn Decker . She is the epitomy of a quilter. I think that you always have a friend when you are a quilter. Am I right?
My mom, who lives 2 hour away, announced her sewing machine was "sick" tonight. She sent this info to me over text, and when I read it, I said, "Oh No!" in concerned tone. My husband came into the room and said, "What's wrong?" He giggled when I told him the tragic news... She has to go to the sewing machine store tommorrow. The baby and I might have to make the 2-hour treck north to accompany her.
I can't remember the last time I was in a local sewing/quilt shop. And I need a new darning foot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment