Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mrs Claus is Busy!

I don't know about the other Mrs. Claus's out there... but this one has been busy!
The Christmas cards mentioned in my previous post were finished at about 11:30 last night, and are now signed, addressed and ready to go to the post office.

The mountain of gifts in my basement are still patiently waiting to be wrapped (Good thing my kids are too young to notice the mysterious pile under a blanket).
The first round of my baking has been completed. (There will not need to be a round 2 if my husband and I can leave the treats alone!) To celebrate my accomplishment in the kitchen, I thought I would share the recipe for my favorite Christmas treat!
 
This recipe was given to my Grandma by her cousin Chester. There was never an official name that came with this recipe, so our family has always called them "Chester Bars."
 

Chester Bars
1/2 Cup butter
3/4 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 Cup flour
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 Cups mini marshmallows
1 1/2 Cup rice krispies
6 oz chocolate chips
1 Cup peanut butter
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and nuts. Spread into greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven for 3 minutes. In large saucepan, melt chips and peanut butter. Add cereal and spread over marshmallow layer. Cool and cut into bars.


I hope you give these a try - and enjoy them as much as I do!
Mrs. Claus has to get back to work!
Good thing I have a cute little elf to keep me company!
Have a great afternoon everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment